Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Online WorkshopAMA - American Management Association
Place & Start
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Online Workshop
All available course dates
Diversity Inclusion & Belonging Online Workshop
In these times, it is necessary to go beyond just diversity and inclusion. Equity, belonging, and allyship are the critical concepts needed for organizations to move to an inclusive culture. This workshop will give the tools necessary to start building your action plan for a diversity and inclusion initiative.
Facilitated virtual networking and team-building.
- Experience highly interactive and dynamic activities including virtual breakout groups
- Interact with participants while discussing unique challenges around diversity and inclusion
Invaluable insight from a facilitated panel discussion with experts in the D&I field.
- Learn how diversity and inclusion has changed
- Gain awareness of the concepts that are critical to today
- Get answers to your most pressing questions and concerns
Expert-led, interactive 3-hour workshop, Building a D&I Initiative Capstone
- Put into practice what you’ve learned and personal insights from this workshop
- Discuss current D&I initiatives and action items to improve upon
- Receive feedback to incorporate into your diversity and inclusion development plan.
Who should attend?
Team leads, Managers, Leaders, and all professionals who wish to gain tools and strategies they can leverage to understand diversity, be a better ally, explore belonging and equity, and create inclusive cultures
- Understand the Business Case for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Define Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging and Describe Their Influence On Our Day-To Day Interactions and Decision-Making Process.
- Select the Appropriate Virtual Channel for The Most Effective Delivery of Your Message.
- Develop a Workplace Vision and Plan That Embraces Diversity and Supports an Equitable and Inclusive Environment.
Introduction to Diversity and Inclusion
- Establish a Common Language Through Definitions.
- Understand the Business Imperative for Diversity and Inclusion In the Workplace.
- Reflect On the Multidimensional, Multicultural Aspects Of Individual Identity.
Bridging Communication Differences
- Describe the Importance of Flexing With Communication Style Preferences As An Inclusive Leader.
- Recognize Obstacles That Ineffective Listening Can Cause.
- Identify the Two Types of Micromessages and Recognize Microinequities.
- Understand Bias and It’s Causes That Create Obstacles to Connecting With and Relating to Others.
Capstone: Practice and Application
- Put Into Practice Some of Your Instructional Learnings and Personal Insights From This Seminar.
- Use Role-Play to Simulate Real Situations and Interactions.
- Receive Feedback to Incorporate Into Your Inclusive Leadership Development Plan.
- Observe Others’ Role-Plays and Provide Them With Thoughful Feedback.
Course price for:
- Non-members: $495
- AMA members: $395
- GSA price: $374
Certification / Credits
- Understand the concepts relevant to today around diversity, inclusion, belonging and equity
- Recognize the differences between diversity and inclusion concepts
- Enhance your abilities to create inclusive spaces
- Take ownership of helping to create and manage a culture of respect, civility and trust
- Build an action plan for a diversity and inclusion initiative
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...