Building Emotional IntelligenceCorporate Education Group
Building Emotional Intelligence
All available course dates
Building Emotional Intelligence
Our ability to deal effectively with our emotions in the workplace is critical to our success as managers and service providers. As the pace of the world increases and our environment makes more and more demands on our cognitive, emotional, and physical resources, emotional intelligence is increasingly critical as a skill set. Emotional intelligence strategies combined with native intelligence increases our ability to successfully manage the constant challenges from customers and our business associates
Through skill-building exercises and group discussion, this course will provide you with the opportunity to identify your own challenges in maintaining positive environments and collaborative relationships as well as overcoming resistance and negativity. Participants will explore tools, techniques, skills, and perceptions to perform their roles and manage their emotions with confidence and positive results.
Who should attend?
Individuals who will benefit from this course include anyone at any level who wants to develop their emotional intelligence and build stronger relationships.
Session 1: Starting with Self
- Welcome and Introductions
- Course Goal and Objectives
- Opening Activities
- Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
The Five Key Skills of Emotional Intelligence
- Interpersonal Relationships
Starting with Self
- Emotional Intelligence Skills Self-Assessment
- Activity: Decoding Emotions – Listening to “The Music”
- The Importance of Congruent Communication
- Activity: How the Body Keeps Score
- Getting to Emotional Neutral
- Acting by Choice, not Impulse
- Monitoring Your Self-Talk
- Identifying Unhelpful Thinking Pattern
Session 2: Building Relationships
Perceptions Versus Reality
- The Paradigm of “Seeing”
- Intention vs. Impact
- Class Activity: Story Time
- Ladder of Inference Model
- Video: Rethinking Thinking
- Effective Communication Requirements
- Class Discussion: Communication Filters
- Group Activity: Decoding Emotions
Listening to Understand
- Listening Skills Spectrogram Activity
- Three Levels of Listening
- Using Empathy to Tune into Emotion
- Nonverbal and Verbal Listening Techniques
- Paired Activity: Listening Actively
A Productive Conversation Mindset
- Productive Mindset = Outcome Thinking
- Group Activity: Making a Change
- Emotional Intelligence Force-Field Analysis
Wrap-Up and Personal Action Planning
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Contact Corporate Education Group via the information request to inquire about course fees.
Certification / Credits
- Self-assess proficiency in four domains of emotional intelligence (EI).
- “Track” emotions in your mind and body.
- Articulate ways to build self-awareness.
- Describe techniques for de-escalating personal emotional responses.
- Decode emotions in another person.
- Practice active listening techniques in a real-life scenario.
- Connect a productive conversation mindset with a positive outcome.
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) delivers talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to transform organizational performance. From assessments to advisory consulting, program design, training delivery, and measurement, we identify the right solutions to unlock business value....
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team