Understanding Unconscious Bias
Participants will explore the phenomenon of unconscious bias, and how they can minimize its effects in the workplace and in customer/client relations. Each participant will learn how their unique identities shape their experiences and impact their day-to-day interactions with others. Participants will also learn strategies for minimizing the effects of unconscious bias, which take the form of verbal, nonverbal and environmental micro-messages.
This course can also be offered virtually. Please contact Corporate College to learn more.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Learn what unconscious bias is, how it occurs and how it can affect work practices.
- Discover ways to detect hidden bias.
- Recognize the benefits of diversity as well as its role in conflict.
- Identify instances of devaluing others through small, subconscious behaviors and micro-inequities.
- Learn how to leverage communication and empathy to help prevent conflict from occurring.
- Lead by example, becoming a part of the solution.
The cost of this training course includes all course materials and a subject matter expert instructor.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs.
About Cuyahoga Community College
Corporate College, a Division of Cuyahoga Community College
Founded in 2003, Corporate College offers Northeast Ohio businesses and individuals professional training and development, along with state-of-the-art meeting and conference space at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights and Corporate College West in Westlake. Whether you are engaged with...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...