Mental Health Awareness & First Aid Training (One-day Inhouse)
Many organisations are training managers to be more aware of mental health issues, to ensure that the workplace is a safe zone with regards to good mental health, as well as eliminating any practices that could contribute to mental health problems and how to develop a code of conduct that will promoted good mental health
This one-day Mental Health Awareness and First Aid training programme is designed to train Mental Health First Aiders to render immediate support to the person suffering from a mental health disorder, including anxiety, stress, anger, upset, panic attacks, etc.
Mental health awareness and first aid training teaches the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding to people who render first aid, including:
- A full understanding of theory and practice of Mental Health First Aid
- What is good mental health
- What are common mental health disorders: signs symptoms and triggers
- What Mental health first aiders can do to render immediate assistance
- How to use therapeutic communication skills
- How to render long range assistance by affecting the work environments
- How to refer to the mental health agencies
This training is fully interactive and is delivered via Microsoft Teams. The sessions start at 9am, with breaks at 11am, 1pm and 3pm. We finish at 4.30pm.
This course can also be delivered in-house - both face-to-face or via Microsoft Teams from our virtual training room, whichever you prefer.
Corporate Coach Group is CPD accredited. This course qualifies for six CPD training hours, plus additional independent post-course learning.
Upcoming start dates
Please contact Corporate Coach Group to discuss your in-house requirements
Mental Health Awareness & First Aid Training Course Overview
- What is mental health and why it is important?
- What factors affect mental health.
- Removing the stigma surrounding mental health in the workplace.
- Spot the warning signs of potential mental health problems.
- Improve productivity by fostering good mental health.
- Gain awareness of how the workplace culture affects mental health.
- Create a workplace environment that promotes good health.
- How to develop a stronger self-image.
- The importance of nutrition and exercise
- Abusive use of alcohol and drugs.
- How environmental factors impact mental health.
- Action plan.
Certification / Credits
Certificate of attendance.
This course qualifies for six CPD training hours, plus additional independent post-course learning.
Why choose Corporate Coach Group?
Founded in 1997
Practical Leadership and Management Training Courses
Thousands of happy previous delegates
Average rating 5
The course was extremely beneficial, especially with reference to creating a positive mindset in myself and others. The trainer's presentation was excellent. Would highly recomm...
The course has been a true eye-opener, especially how ones own experiences and actions can influence others within the work place, but also in everyday life experiences. A very ...
This course gave me the opportunity not to just look out for other members of staff, but also myself. The trainer's presentation was really enjoyable and would benefit all membe...
Contact this provider
Corporate Coach Training
Practical Leadership and Management Training Courses Corporate Coach Training offers professional development training courses to improve your productivity and help you achieve your goals. Their training programmes have been developed and perfected over 25 years of successfully helping organisations of every size and type....