Administrative office procedures may not be glamorous, but they are essential to the success of any enterprise. A well-run office reduces miscommunications and helps to eliminate common errors. By making the administrative office a priority, you will establish clear policies and procedures with employee understanding and buy-in, which ensures that your work environment runs smoothly.
BEVA offers an Administrative Office Procedures workshop, for which you will learn how to develop an effective Administrative Office Policy and Procedure manual and understand how it adds value in the workplace by building consistency, reducing errors, and improving communication on processes. It is also a marvelous resource for quick reference and utilization. Policies and procedures are a vital connection between the company's vision and its everyday operations.
Upcoming start dates
21 March, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
For those working in an Administrative role.
BEVA offers the following course content:
- What is a Procedure?
- Policy vs. Procedure
- Why do policies and procedures matters?
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Work Instructions
- Documentation Pyramid
- Why People Don’t Follow Procedures?
- Pop quiz
- Why Policies are Unenforceable?
- Pop Quiz
- Example of household policies
- Identifying and Mapping Your Processes
- Understanding Process Maps
- Types of Processes: SIPOC
- Types of Processes: PDCA
- PDCA - PLAN
- PDCA - DO
- PDCA - CHECK
- PDCA - ACT
- PDCA Process Approach
- Process Mapping
- Pop Quiz
- Different Types of Process Maps
- Turning Your Processes into Procedures
- Formatting Your Procedures
- Writing and Reviewing Your Procedure
- Examine Policy in Practice
- Communication and Addressing Your Audience
- Rule of Seven
- Procedure Statement
- Procedure Statement vs. PDCA Format
- Seven ‘C’s of Procedure Review
- Procedure Approval Guidelines
- Creating your policies and procedures manual
- Pop Quiz
- Benefits of a Good Manual
- What should NOT go into the policy and procedure manual?
- Outline of a Policy and Procedure Manual
- Why change management matters?
- DREAM Model
- Managing relationships and mobilizing stakeholders
- Establishing feedback mechanisms and loops
- Maintaining policies and procedures
- Wrapping up
Note: The course content may be subject to change.
Course delivery details
Virtual classroom led by an instructor.
Certification / Credits
The learner will receive a "BEVA Learning Institute Certificate of Achievement" for completing the workshop/course recognized by Government, Academia and Industry.
Contact this provider
BEVA Global Management Inc. / BEVA Learning Institute
BEVA Learning Institute is the training department for BEVA Global Management Inc. We provide corporate professional training to medium and large companies in English and French in most industries as well as government. We are the premier choice when it...