Government supervisors and senior managers are spending significant time “fixing” and rewriting documents prepared by their employees. This hands-on workshop will equip you with the skills you need to edit written materials and to produce text that is: clear in meaning; elegant in logic and flow; concise in length; and complete and accurate in content.
Upcoming start dates
16 May, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Contact provider for more information.
Who should attend?
- integrate substantive editing techniques to produce high-quality materials that flow logically and are tailored to the identified audience
- use copy-editing techniques to increase clarity and readability
- spot common writing mistakes and stereotypical language – and fix them through effective editing techniques
- use your own workplace materials in the “virtual classroom” to increase relevance
- learn tips and techniques for working collaboratively and tactfully with others to produce high-quality materials and to offer constructive criticism and suggestions in a non-threatening manner
Course delivery details
The workshop uses recent, relevant examples to discuss basic and advanced editing rules and techniques. Participants work on tasks to learn how to edit material and to practise strong writing and plain language techniques. These tasks will help them reduce the amount of editing time needed to produce clear and easy-to-read documents. Tips and checklists are included.
Why choose BBLN?
In operation for over 20 years, Building Blocks takes a consultative approach to customer engagement to deeply asses the needs. We offer a variety of options for consideration.
All of our instructors have a minimum of 20 years of teaching experience using adult learning theory.
We can proudly say that our customers routinely say we exceeded their expectations and in doing so, we offer many benefits that are included in the service and pricing.
Contact this provider
Building Blocks Learning Network
Building Blocks Learning Network (Building Blocks) is a training company with over 20 years of experience in Adult Education. Our specific expertise includes professional development in the areas of Executive Leadership, Management and Leadership, Coaching, Policy Development, How Government Works,...