Assertiveness Training for Women in BusinessAMA - American Management Association
Place & Start
Assertiveness Training for Women in Business
All available course dates
Assertiveness Training for Women in Business
In todays ever changing business environment it is vital for women to have an assertive voice in business. Assertiveness techniques, when used effectively, can enhance almost every aspect of your job and life — Knowing which tools and techniques to use, and how and when to use them, is critical. AMA’s assertiveness training for women is a 3-day seminar that addresses the unique challenges women face in business and provides them with the assertiveness techniques essential for survival and advancement in their industry. With these skills, women can feel secure that they are sending the right signals that elicit the right responses. They will help you command respect while being respectful and handle almost any situation you’re likely to encounter without seeming overbearing.
AMA's assertiveness training for women gives you the opportunity to practice fundamental assertiveness skills and to share your concerns with other women in a supportive and encouraging learning environment. You’ll assess your leadership style and then apply the new skills and tools you learn directly to one of your own challenges, receive feedback, and refine your skills through videotaped practice. Return to work with a complete and flexible plan for achieving the kind of assertiveness your position demands.
How You Will Benefit
- Recognize the characteristics of the four assertiveness styles
- Assess your individual assertiveness style and its effectiveness
- Demonstrate assertiveness techniques using supportive communication behaviors
- Develop an action plan to overcome at least two personal obstacles to assertiveness
- Learn how to capitalize on the strengths of your leadership style—and minimize weaknesses
- Flex your leadership style preference to interact most effectively and assertively with others
- Incorporate assertiveness techniques into everyday practices
Who should attend?
Female business professionals who want to strengthen their assertiveness techniques, alleviate weaknesses and improve their communication skills as they relate to being assertive in business.
- Define Assertiveness and Identify the Characteristics of the Four Assertiveness Styles
- Assess Your Individual Assertiveness Style and Its Effectiveness
- Demonstrate Assertiveness Techniques Using Supportive Communication Behaviors
- Develop an Action Plan to Overcome at Least Two Personal Obstacles to Assertiveness and to Incorporate Techniques into Everyday Practices
Foundations of Assertiveness
- Define Assertiveness
- Distinguish Between Passive, Assertive, and Aggressive Behaviors
- Discuss How Socialization Affects Your Behavior in the Business Environment
- Identify Personal Work Situations and Obstacles That Challenge Assertive Behavior
Assess Your Assertiveness
- Identify Your Assertiveness Style Preferences
- Assess and Identify Strengths and Weaknesses of Your Assertiveness Style
- Discuss How Value Systems Impact Your Assertiveness
- Identify Ways to Reduce Role Conflict
Get Comfortable in Your Own S. K.I.N.
- Describe the Assertive Components of Becoming “Comfortable in Your Own S.K.I.N.”
Assertive Communication Skills
- Identify the Three Components of Communication and Factors That Influence Their Impact
- Differentiate the Verbal and Nonverbal Communication Styles of Men and Women
- Apply Active and Reflective Listening Skills to Build Assertive Skills
- Listen and Respond Assertively to Feedback and Criticism
Assertive Techniques and Practices
- Demonstrate a Five-Step Model to Express Assertive Language
- Describe Four Special Assertive Techniques: Broken Record, Fogging, Negative Assertion, and Negative Inquiry
- Say “No” and Survive
- Respond to Common Put-Down Statements
Assertiveness Case Study Workshop
- Review the Uses of Strategic Tools, Models, and Techniques
- Apply Assertiveness Techniques to Analyze and Plan Around Your Own “Must-Solve” Challenges
- Receive Feedback and Suggestions on Your Plan for How to Best Address Your “Must-Solve” Challenges
- Give Feedback and Suggestions to Others on Their Plans to Assertively Address Their “Must-Solve” Challenges
Assertiveness and Leading
- Assess Leadership Styles
- Discuss Five Dimensions of Centered Leadership
- Identify New Ways to Use Assertive Leadership in Your Personal and Professional Life
Leading a Balanced Life
- Name at Least Five Techniques to Deal with Anger
- Identify Techniques for Preventing and Coping with Stress
- Discuss the Nature and Value of Women Support Networks and Resources
- Plan for Continuing Assertiveness Growth
- Non Members: $2595
- AMA Members: $2345
Certification / Credits
CEU: 1.8, PDU: 18, CPE: 21
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...
Average rating 4.9Based on 39 reviews.
Lot of information in short period of time, lot of breakout group activities.
I really liked all the material covered and got a lot out of this course. I do wish there was a little more interaction among the group. We would answer questions when asked, but having more open discussions would have been great.
Sandra was very engaged & motivated the group to participation.
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team