Exercising Influence Building Relationships and Getting Results - In House
Today’s organizations run on influence. Influence enables you to build the relationships you need to get results inside or outside the formal power structure. To be successful in busy cross-functional organizations, you need to be skillful and flexible in the way you influence others.
This accelerated learning program uses “fitness model” to help develop strength, focus, and flexibility as an influencer. Feedback gathered before, during and after the program provides valuable insights into individual strengths and learning needs. Learn new skills as you work on real-world business situations. Through a series of exercises, learn how to plan and prepare for important influence opportunities up, down, across, and outside your organization.Exercising Influenceis a just-in-time learning opportunity, enabling immediate application of new skills to resolve problems and conflicts and achieve outstanding business results.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
Individuals who want to improve their influence skills can benefit from attending this program. This program is especially valuable to project leaders, managers, executives, and individuals responsible for implementing change.
The Nature of Influence
- Introduction to key definitions and concepts; identification of real influence opportunities for later practice.
- Analysis of the “big picture” affecting influence success.
- Benchmark exercise; review and practice sessions introducing the tactics and behaviour model.
- Review of feedback and development of individual learning goals.
- Focused practice on specific behaviours with targeted feedback.
Influence Goals and Approach
- Introduction to planning for influence results.
- Planning and interactive practice and feedback in realistic situations.
Planning an Influence Approach
- Full planning process for an important upcoming influence opportunity.
Maintaining and Improving Influence Fitness
- Learning summary, applications, and follow-up recommendations.
Certification / Credits
Credits: 7 PDUs/CEUs/Contact Hours
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Use influence models to help them develop effective influence behaviors and a strategic and tactical approach to influence.
- Evaluate how they currently use influence behaviors and identify areas for development.
- Develop and practice a variety of influence behaviors which they have identified as important to achieving successful results.
- Establish clear and powerful influence goals.
- Design and approach for formal and informal influence situations; apply the approach to a real-life situation.
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...
Top 10 Awards
Top 10 Winner - 2022
We're delighted Exercising Influence Building Relationships and Getting Results is a winner of our Top 10 Courses 2022 in Top 10 Most Popular Sales Training Courses.
Each year, we select the Top 10 most popular courses on our site in some of the most popular categories to make it easier for our users to find the right course for them - so you can book with confidence.