Testing for the Business Analyst - In House
This 2-day course is designed to explain to Business Analysts the need for testing and teach them the concepts required to plan, manage, execute, and evaluate testing outcomes in a software environment. This course is based on the Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® version 2.0.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
The Testing for the Business Analyst is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Pursuing a career in Business Analysis
- Business or Information Systems managers or staff who is new to business analysis.
- Experienced Business Analysts requiring better understanding of the role, or desiring formal recognition through certification.
- Project staff or managers currently combining the Business Analyst role with other duties.
- Business staff or managers who are working in Business Analyst environments, needing to interact with project managers and business analysts.
- Preparing to write the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) and require a refresher on the concepts covered in the BABOK®.
Comprehensive Business Analysis Part 2: Elicitation, Documentation & Analysis
- Purpose of testing
- Real life examples
- Basic terms and definitions
- The Quality Assurance Process
- Configuration Management
- Validation & Verification
- Product Review & Inspection
- Test Categories
- Static vs. Dynamic
- Functional and Non-functional
Testing Types & Timing
- A Project Lifecycle
- A Systems Development Lifecycle
- A Testing Lifecycle and a V Model
- The Project, Systems Development, and Testing Lifecycle Relationships
- Test Phases, Types, Approaches, Categories, Special Cases
- Phases: Unit, Integration, System, User Acceptance
- Approaches: Glass Box / Black Box
- Categories: Functional and Non-functional
- Special Cases: Usability, Regression, Smoke, Acid, Release, Operational Readiness, Service Acceptance
Test Strategy, Planning & Management
- Testing Documentation
- The Test Strategy
- Test Plans
- Use Cases
- Test Cases
- Test Scripts
- Test Tracking
- Maintaining Traceability
- Defect Management
- Test Reporting
- Post Project Reporting
- Strategy feedback
- Lessons Learned
- Development, Testing, Staging, “Production Like”
- QA Manager, Test Lead, Test Designer, Tester, Test System Administrator
- Business Analyst
- Solution Designer, Development Lead, Developer
- Operations Staff
- Client Representative, End User Testers
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Understand the importance of testing to software development and how managing testing well increases the likelihood of project success.
- Learn basic testing terms and the Testing Lifecycle.
- Be able to describe the various testing types, methods and approaches to and describe when to apply each.
- Study the relationships between the Project, Systems Development and Testing Lifecycles.
- Examine the role of the BA in testing and the relationship between BA Knowledge Areas and testing.
- Learn the various testing documents - Test Strategy, Test Plans, Use Cases, and Test Cases.
- Investigate Test and Defect Management.
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...