Enterprise and Strategic AnalysisProcept Associates Ltd.
Enterprise and Strategic Analysis
All available course dates
Enterprise and Strategic Analysis
project activities, and developing and managing enterprise architecture.
This course is appropriate for experienced Business Analysts who are looking to formalize their experience through education as well as junior Business Analysts or those looking to enter the profession.
During this course you will learn the tasks and techniques outlined in the Enterprise Analysis and Solution Assessment and Validation Knowledge Areas within the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®). Through discussions, examples and hands-on exercises, you will recognize business goals and objectives, identify business problem or opportunity, analyze business problems or opportunities, identify viable solutions to these problems or opportunities, evaluate to select the most optimal solution, prepare and defend a business case. In addition, you will prepare procurement documents including a request for proposal, receive and evaluation proposals based on defined decision criteria, assess organizational readiness, and apply data conversion strategy and mapping to existing data.
Who should attend?
The Enterprise and Strategic Analysis course is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Pursuing a career in Business Analysis
- Business or Information Systems managers or staff who is new to business analysis
- Experienced Business Analysts requiring better understanding of the role, or desiring formal recognition through certification
- Project staff or managers currently combining the role
- Business Analyst role with other duties
- Business staff or managers who are working in Business Analyst environments, needing to interact with project managers and business analysts
While there is no formal prerequisite for this course, some experience with business analysis is recommended.
- Course introduction
- Enterprise analysis
- Solution assessment and validation
- Business goals and objectives
- Business problem or opportunity statement
- Business requirements
- Root Cause Analysis
- Process flows
- Cause and effect diagram
- Pareto diagram
- SWOT Analysis
- Completing gap analysis
- Uses of gap analysis
- Gap analysis process
- Gap analysis techniques
- Best practices for determining solution
- Decision criteria
- Alternative solutions
- Decision matrices
- Cost benefit analysis
The Business Case
- Purpose of a business case
- Approaches for developing a business case
- Presenting a business case
Solution Assessment and Validation
- Writing and evaluating an RFP
- Assess sample proposals
- Assessing organizational readiness
- Completing force field analysis
- Defining transitional requirements
- Data conversion strategy
- Data Mapping
Certification / Credits
Credits: 21 PDUs/CEUs
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Discuss enterprise analysis tasks and techniques
- Analyze and document a business problem
- Devise a business case
- Contrast viable solutions against developed decision criteria
- List possible solutions approaches
- Evaluate causes through the application of problem analysis techniques
- Isolate major causes of business problem and where to focus resources
- List types of gap analyses
- Assess limitations through the creation of a gap analysis
- Recall the phases of the project life cycle
- Conduct a Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat (SWOT) analysis
- Appraise competitive intelligence through a benchmarking study
- Build on previously learned techniques to develop high level requirements for the business case
- Defend business case recommendations
- List the sections of an RFP
- Describe the steps in RFP development and vendor selection
- Apply data conversion strategy and mapping to existing data
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...