Philanthropic development unites individuals and organizations with nonprofit causes to make an impact on communities. Raising these funds is both an art and a science, and professionals who utilize strategy, data, and relationship building skills will make strong contributions to advancing the mission of their nonprofit.
In this certificate, participants will learn from experienced nonprofit leaders and have the opportunity to develop plans and strategies for their organizations along the way. We’ll delve into the cycle of building relationships with a variety of constituencies, employing the various methods of solicitation (annual, major, and planned giving, as well as event philanthropy), and incorporating board members and other volunteers into these strategies. We’ll also learn the importance of building an ethical and legal development plan.
- Build prospect and donor relationships with individuals, corporations, and foundations through identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Create a development plan with the best mix of development activities to achieve organizational goals and support the organization’s strategic plan
- Learn key ethical and legal concepts in managing philanthropic activities of staff and volunteers
- Build a case for support for your organization by telling the story of philanthropic impact
- Explore opportunities for continued career development into senior level, management, and consultant roles.
Upcoming start dates
Contact School for Details
- Self-paced Online
Contact this provider
The University of New Orleans | A Commitment to New Orleans and Beyond.
Since its founding, UNO has been committed to diversity and inclusion. In 1958, the University of New Orleans opened its doors as the first fully integrated public university in the South. For nearly 60 years, we have not strayed from...