Mastering core financial fundamentals is essential to every role across an organization. In this fast-paced class, you will learn to analyze and evaluate financial decisions that contribute to your company’s value.
Finance for Non-Financial Managers provides professionals who have limited financial experience or education a financial perspective to empower them to operate in their organizations more effectively.Through lively discussions, case studies, and a simulation, you will develop a strong fundamental understanding of finance. You will gain a detailed understanding of budgeting, cash flow, and metrics of financial health to help you make more effective business decisions regardless of your role.
- Read, understand, and interpret financial statements.
- Make decisions using capital budgeting.
- Identify the business impact of changes in cash flow.
- Apply value creation principles.
- Understand financial metrics used by stakeholders to evaluate the health of the organization.
- Executives who make or contribute to decisions with significant financial implications.
- Managers with profit-and-loss responsibility in marketing, operations, human resources, engineering, or other non-financial areas.
- Individuals who do not have a background in finance.
- Leaders who need to refresh their finance knowledge.
Why capital markets matters
Time value of money
Discounted cash flow analysis
Value-added cash-flow analysis
Cash flow and projections
Cost of capital and financial alternatives
The C- suite prespective
Contact this provider
University of Minnesota | Driven to Discover
At the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, we seek new knowledge that can change how we all work and live. We prepare students to meet the great challenges facing our state, our nation, and our world. And we apply our...