Negotiation is the art and science of securing agreements between two or more parties. It is a skill that is central to all occupations and one that is used every single day. Negotiation is a skill that is critical to your success whether you are:
- Dealing with a highly political and emotionally charged situation
- Determining the price and terms when acquiring or selling products or services
- Allocating or requesting project resources for your teams
- Championing a new initiative for your company
- Navigating the political minefields of your firm
- Forming alliances or joint ventures with external partners
This course delivers immediate benefits. It will provide you with knowledge of a wide variety of powerful and practical negotiation skills and an opportunity to practice these skills in several experiential exercises. Participants leave the program with a firm understanding of the theory behind negotiations and the confidence to use different negotiation strategies and tactics.
Who should attend?
Middle and upper-level managers
Executives in areas such as business development, marketing, mergers and acquisitions, purchasing, consulting, project management, human resources, strategic alliances, finance, e-commerce, manufacturing, engineering, non-profit administration, and general management.
Contact this provider
University of Minnesota | Driven to Discover
At the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, we seek new knowledge that can change how we all work and live. We prepare students to meet the great challenges facing our state, our nation, and our world. And we apply our...