Business process management is a vital prerequisite for major information technology initiatives such as implementing or upgrading ERP/IT systems (SAP, PeopleSoft, Workday, and Oracle Cloud) or moving systems to the cloud. This program introduces you to methods to discover, document, visualize, and improve processes to reduce cost and boost efficiency.
The program helps you develop a high level of proficiency in process modelling and redesign. Learn Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN), Lean Six Sigma, and other improvement approaches based on Little’s law and the theory of constraints.
Who should attend?
- IT and non-IT business professionals working to improve business processes, planning, and leading the implementation or upgrade of major ERP/IT systems or migrating these systems to the cloud
- Leaders with budget responsibility for groups that implement ERP/IT systems
- Leaders and individual contributors in organizations focused on improving processes
- View work in a business with the “process mindset”
- Visualize and model the business process with the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) language
- Use the automated computer system and workflow logs to “process mine” and discover the real ways in which a process executes in an organization
- Leverage such qualitative tools as Pareto charts, Fishbone Diagrams, and root cause analysis to analyze free form feedback regarding process deficiencies
- Determine the true cost of a process (and alternative improved models) using business process simulations
- Perform an analysis to improve a business process, from a prior “as is” state to an improved “to be” state, based on the principles of Lean Six Sigma, Little’s law, and the theory of constraints
Course delivery details
This online, self-paced program can be completed in 8 weeks or less. Weekly assignments are submitted to the University of Georgia e-Learning Commons (eLC) platform; instructor support is available. The use of a desktop computer and web browser are the only required technical skill sets. No detailed information technology or software use is required; nor is a degree in business or management information systems.
Our faculty can modify this program for companies and their teams, particularly those engaged in ERP/IT system implementations, upgrades, or migrations to the cloud, whether these initiatives are in the planning or implementation stages.
The program fee is $950 (USD).
Software, tools, and textbook are included in the program fee.
Contact this provider
UGA - Terry College of Business | Over 100 Years of Excellence
Founded in 1912, the Terry College of Business is the state’s flagship business school within the country’s first state-chartered university. As the first business school in the South, the Terry College of Business is steeped in a tradition of providing...