Certified Bookkeepers are the elite of their profession, much like CPAs are the best in the accounting field. For bookkeepers, gaining industry-recognized certification increases your earning potential and enhances your professional status.
From bank reconciliation to inventory methods, this online course will prepare eligible bookkeepers for the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) certification exam. AIPB certification is the highest standard in the profession, so this course is recommended to practicing bookkeepers with several years of experience and a working knowledge of payroll concepts, including accounting transactions and journal entries.
The Certified Bookkeeper course includes a prepaid voucher with enrollment that provides access to sit for the AIPB certification exam. Once you have successfully completed the course, you will receive detailed instructions regarding use of the exam voucher at any Prometric Test Center.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
The Certified Bookkeeper course is designed for experienced bookkeepers who want to prepare for national certification. To succeed in this course, you must have at least two years of experience as a bookkeeper before enrolling.
If you do not meet the experience requirement, we recommend our Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks course, which is designed for entry-level bookkeepers.
Certification Exam Prerequisites:
To earn your Certified Bookkeeper designation, you must pass the AIPB certification exam and be able to submit proof of at least two years of full-time - or 3,000 hours of part-time - experience.
- Eligibility requirements, code of ethics, and maintenance requirements.
- How to apply the concepts of accrual accounting to transactions that span fiscal periods and trace the effect of accrual and deferral transactions.
- Adjustment of entries.
- Identification and correction of accounting errors and reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Book and tax depreciation, including various methods of calculating depreciation for book and tax purposes.
- Basic payroll, from paying wages to depositing and reporting taxes.
- How to value inventory, record costs, make entries, and report inventory on financial statements.
- How to use basic internal controls to prevent theft, embezzlement, or check and credit card fraud by employees, customers, or vendors.
Course delivery details
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
This course costs $1,995
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of the course, you'll be prepared to sit for the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers exam. You may take the exam at any Prometric Test Center.
Contact this provider
UNF's Division of Continuing Education | Unparalleled Education and Training Programs
The UNF Division of Continuing Education knows how to bring out the best in every student, whether you are looking for career advancement, seeking an industry certification, changing careers, preparing for graduate school or just taking courses for the pure...