Working With Apache Kafka (for Developers)
Apache Kafka is a real-time data pipeline processor. It high-scalability, fault tolerance, execution speed, and fluid integrations are some of the key hallmarks that make it an integral part of many Enterprise Data architectures. In this lab intensive two day course, students will learn how to use Kafka to build streaming solutions.
Course Objectives: What You’ll Learn
This “skills-centric” course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, coupling the most current techniques with the soundest industry practices. Throughout the course students will be led through a series of progressively advanced topics, where each topic consists of lecture, group discussion, comprehensive hands-on lab exercises, and lab review.
Working in a hands-on learning environment, students will explore
- Overview of Streaming technologies
- Kafka concepts and architecture
- Programming using Kafka API
- Kafka Streams
- Monitoring Kafka
- Tuning / Troubleshooting Kafka
Section 1: Introduction to Streaming Systems
- Fast data
- Streaming architecture
- Lambda architecture
- Message queues
- Streaming processors
Section 2: Introduction to Kafka
- Comparing Kafka with other queue systems (JMS / MQ)
- Kaka concepts : Messages, Topics, Partitions, Brokers, Producers, commit logs
- Kafka & Zookeeper
- Producing messages
- Consuming messages (Consumers, Consumer Groups)
- Message retention
- Scaling Kafka
- Labs : Getting Kafka up and running; Using Kafka utilities
Section 3: Programming With Kafka
- Configuration parameters
- Producer API (Sending messages to Kafka)
- Consumer API (consuming messages from Kafka)
- Commits , Offsets, Seeking
- Schema with Avro
- Lab : Writing Kafka clients in Java; Benchmarking Producer APIs
Section 4: Kafka Streams
- Streams overview and architecture
- Streams use cases and comparison with other platforms
- Learning Kafka Streaming concepts (KStream, KTable, KStore)
- KStreaming operations (transformations, filters, joins, aggregations)
- Labs: Kafka Streaming labs
Section 5: Administering Kafka
- Hardware / Software requirements
- Deploying Kafka
- Configuration of brokers / topics / partitions / producers / consumers
- Security: How secure Kafka cluster, and secure client communications (SASL, Kerberos)
- Monitoring : monitoring tools
- Capacity Planning : estimating usage and demand
- Trouble shooting : failure scenarios and recovery
Section 6: Monitoring and Instrumenting Kafka
- Monitoring Kafka
- Instrumenting with Metrics library
- Labs; Monitor Kafka cluster
- Instrument Kafka applications and monitor their performance
Case Study / Workshop (Time-Permitting)
Students will build an end-to-end application simulating web traffic and send metrics to Grafana.
- Price: $1,795.00
- Discounted Price: $1,166.75
Why choose Trivera Technologies LLC?
Over 25 years of technology training expertise.
Robust portfolio of over 1,000 leading edge technology courses.
Guaranteed to run courses and flexible learning options.
Contact this provider
Trivera Technologies is a IT education services & courseware firm that offers a range of wide professional technical education services including: end to end IT training development and delivery, skills-based mentoring programs,new hire training and re-skilling services, courseware licensing and...