Java Mini Camp | Getting Started with RXJava / Reactive Java
RxJava 2 : Reactive Programming in Java is a comprehensive hands-on advanced Java training workshop geared for experienced developers who wish to explore reactive programming APIs and techniques of ReactiveX. Throughout this two day course students will learn to implement both event producers and consumers using Java’s ReactiveX implementation (RxJava 2). RxJava 2 is a complete rewrite of the RxJava API in 2014. RxJava has always been one of the front-runners of reactive programming. RxJava 2 is a complete implementation of the Reactive Streams specification, providing an even better interoperability between reactive libraries.
Our team will collaborate with you to adjust this agenda to target specific challenges or initiatives facing your development team or organization.
Please note that this list of topics is based on our standard course offering, evolved from typical industry uses and trends. We’ll work with you to tune this course and level of coverage to target the skills you need most. Topics, agenda and labs are subject to change, and may adjust during live delivery based on audience needs and skill-level.
Session: Introduction to RXJava2
- Introduce ReactiveX and RxJava 2
- The Observer and Iterator pattern and functional programming
- Introduce the RxJava 2 Building blocks
- Discuss hot and cold observables
- Registering operators
- Subscribing to an Observable
Lesson: Testing Event Sources (Introduction)
- Introduce the TestObserver and TestSubscriber
- Testing Observable implementations
- Introduce some commonly used assertions
- Introduce RxJava 2 Operators
- Show the use of RxMarbles (marble diagrams)
- Explain some commonly used operators
- Callback operators
Lesson: Creating the event publisher
- Implementing the event source
- Introduce the different types of event publishers
- Convenience methods for creation of publishers
- Creating an event source using an Emitter
- Pre-defined observables
- The defer operator
Session: Working with RxJava2
- RxJava subjects
- Enable multicating using Subjects
- Introduce most commonly used Subject implementations
Lesson: RxJava Schedulers (Multithreading)
- Thread usage of Observable, Operator and Observer
- Using the subscribeOn method
- Introduce the Scheduler implementations
- Using the observeOn method
Lesson: Testing (multi-threaded) Event Sources
- Testing Asynchronous code
- Discuss strategies for testing event sources
- Waiting for source to complete (await methods)
- Use RxJava extension mechanism to Scheduler instances used during test
- The JUnit 5 @ExtendsWith and @RegisterExtension annotations
- Using the TestScheduler to advance time during test
- Strategies for dealing with Backpressure
- Reactive Streams
- Flowable and Processor
- “reactive pull” backpressure
Lesson: Exception Handling
- Handling errors in onError
- Exception handling strategies
- Using onErrorReturn or onErrorNext operators
- Using the retry operators
The Global Error Handler
- Price: $1,795.00
- Discounted Price: $1,166.75
Why choose Trivera Technologies LLC?
Over 25 years of technology training expertise.
Robust portfolio of over 1,000 leading edge technology courses.
Guaranteed to run courses and flexible learning options.
Contact this provider
Trivera Technologies is a IT education services & courseware firm that offers a range of wide professional technical education services including: end to end IT training development and delivery, skills-based mentoring programs,new hire training and re-skilling services, courseware licensing and...