C++ and Programming Basics for Non-Programmers
C++ and Programming Basics for Non-Programmers is a five-day, basic-level training course geared for IT candidates who have little or no prior experience in computer programming. Throughout this gentle introduction to programming and C++, students will learn to create applications and libraries using C++ using best practices and sound OO development techniques for writing object-oriented programs in C++. Special emphasis is placed on object-oriented concepts and best practices throughout the training.
This “skills-centric” course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, designed to train attendees in basic coding with C++, coupling the most current, effective techniques with the soundest industry practices. Our engaging instructors and mentors are highly experienced practitioners who bring years of current "on-the-job" experience into every classroom.
Working in a hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert team, attendees will learn:
- Learn about basic computer architecture (memory, CPU, IO)
- Gain basic knowledge of the C++ programming language, features and functions in today’s development initiatives
- Gain hands-on practice using C++ basic syntax and functions to build basic software applications
- Learn about Object Oriented development and best practices
- Learn and apply core development functions such as dynamic memory, inheritance, value type / reference types, exceptions and more
- Get a light introduction to the C++ Standard Library
- Gain skills required to exit the course with a foundation in basic programming skills and C++ knowledge to carry forward to additional study and practice.
Trivera offers hundreds of end-to-end skills-focused courses that provide participants with the job-ready skills they require to be truly productive in a modern IT business enterprise. Our courses are available for individuals, their teams, or across their organization, for students of all skill levels and roles. We offer an extensive online Public Course Schedule, deep catalog for Private Courses, flex-hour Mini-Camp short courses, self-paced QuickSkills courses, free webinars and more. Trivera’s unique EveryCourse Extras and AfterCourse Extras programs, included with every course, ensure our students can put their newly-learned skills right to work, while providing them with a solid platform for continued skills-development, support and long-term growth. For more information about our dedicated training services, public course offerings, collaborative coaching services, new hire or enterprise upskilling programs, or to see our complete list of course offerings and special offers please call us toll free at 844-475-4559. Our pricing and services are always satisfaction guaranteed.
Who should attend?
This basic course is intended for anyone who is new to software development and wants, or needs, to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of coding and basics of C++ and object-oriented programming concepts.
Attendees might include:
- Technically-minded attendees who want or who want to begin the process of becoming an OO application developer
- Technical team members from non-development roles, re-skilling to move into software and application development roles within an organization
- Recent college graduates looking to apply their college experience to programming skills in a professional environment, or perhaps needing to learn the best practices and standards for programming within their new organization
- Technical managers tasked with overseeing programming teams, or development projects, where basic coding knowledge and exposure will be useful in project oversight or communications needs
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Ability to use computers to start programs, open and save files, navigate application menus and interfaces
- Ability to understand logical concepts such as comparisons
- Understand number theory
- Ability to create, understand, and follow structured directions or step-by-step procedures
- Ability to understand and apply abstract concepts to concrete examples
Introduction to programming
- Basic computer architecture (memory, CPU, IO)
- Programming languages
Overview of C++
C++ General Language Features
- Basic syntax
- Data types
- Program flow
- Intro Functions
Intro Object-Oriented Features
- Overview of O-O concepts
- Static (class members)
- Object Relationships
- Abstract Types
- Object Lifecycle
- Base Classes
- Derived Classes
- Overriding members
- Abstract members and classes
Value Types vs Reference Types
- Defining custom exceptions
Intro C++ Std Library
- I/O classes
Course delivery details
Course Materials: Each participant will receive a Student Guide with course notes, code samples, software tutorials, step-by-step written lab instructions, diagrams and related reference materials and resource links. Students will also receive the project files (or code, if applicable) and solutions required for the hands-on work.
Hands-on Setup Made Simple! Our dedicated tech team will work with you to ensure your student machines and learning environment is setup, tested and ready to go well in advance of the course delivery date, ensuring a smooth start to class and seamless hands-on experience for your students. We offer several flexible student machine setup options including guided manual set up for simple installation directly on student machines, or cloud based / remote hosted lab solutions where students can log in to a complete separate lab environment minus any installations, or we can supply complete turn-key, pre-loaded equipment to bring ready-to-go student machines to your students or in-person facility. Please inquire for details.
- Price: $2,495.00
- Discounted Price: $1,621.75
Why choose Trivera Technologies LLC?
Over 25 years of technology training expertise.
Robust portfolio of over 1,000 leading edge technology courses.
Guaranteed to run courses and flexible learning options.
Contact this provider
Trivera Technologies is a IT education services & courseware firm that offers a range of wide professional technical education services including: end to end IT training development and delivery, skills-based mentoring programs,new hire training and re-skilling services, courseware licensing and...