Design & Present Technical Training
One of the biggest misconceptions about learning how to design and present technical training is that it’s a world apart from soft skill training;. The truth is, they have more in common than you might think.
That’s because the principles and techniques needed to deliver successful training are identical. In both, you need to understand adult learning styles, communication styles and create your training using solid instructional design models
There is, however, one very significant difference and it favors technical training. In a soft skills training workshop, there is usually a proportion of participants who are attending because it is a “requirement.” They don’t have an interest in the topics. They don’t believe they need the training. They feel like a “prisoner.”
People attending technical training are motivated. Learning the skill, the processor system is usually essential for their job success. They want to hear what you have to say. They want to learn, and they want to leave the training with the confidence they can perform the task, use the system or understand the process.
That’s a huge advantage for technical trainers.
In TrainSMART’sHow To Design & Present Technical Training Workshop, you will learn how to maximize that advantage by developing, designing, and delivering technical training that engages the audience while they are learning. This includes understanding how to chunk content and break down the steps of a task as well as how to give a demonstration that knocks it out of the ballpark.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Those who are responsible for designing, developing, and facilitating technical training on the use of tools, processes, or systems
- Understanding How Adults Learn
- Learning Styles
- Selection and sequence of technical training methods
- Determine how much time is required to build a skill
- Basic questions to promote understanding
- Effective demonstration and practice – Follow Me
Course delivery details
Full Day Training Workshop, Multi-Day Training Workshop, Multi-Session Webinar
Certification / Credits
- Use a systematic approach to easily help people use new technical tools, processes, and systems
- Provide effective demonstrations, while engaging the audience
- Segment or “Chunk” content that reinforces the steps to complete a task
- Break down a task easily into its teachable parts
- Map learning objectives to the appropriate level of learning
- Select the best method to train learners
- Practice making training interesting and engaging
- Identify how much practice is needed to build a new skill
- How to test for knowledge retention
Why choose TrainSMART Inc.?
Customized training programs for every organization
Certified Women-Owned Business (WBENC & WOSB)
Industry-proven facilitators, consultants, and experts
Contact this provider
TrainSmart specializes in helping you identify people and process challenges that may be preventing your organization from achieving optimal results. We take a collaborative approach to create a tailored strategy for success. TrainSmart’s goal is to partner with you to...