70-414 - Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
About this course:
The data center hardware infrastructure usually involves servers, storage subsystems; networking devices, like switches, routers and physical cabling; and dedicated network appliances, such as network firewalls. The role of cloud computing is changing the way infrastructures are designed and implemented. In this course students will learn how to create the virtual infrastructure, plan and deploy virtual machines and implement solutions for the virtual administration. They will also learn about monitoring, high availability, updates, PKI, BCP and IDA. The actual purpose of this course is to prepare the students for .
The average salary for a Windows Server Administrator is $55,929 per year.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This course is intended for:
- Information Technology (IT) professionals who are responsible for planning, designing and deploying a physical and logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructures including the network services. Candidates would typically have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and have Windows Server 2012 certification (MCSA) or equivalent skills.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- An understanding of Windows Server 2012 and AD DS, including planning, designing and deploying.
- An understanding of scripts and batch files.
- An understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
- An understanding of deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Experience working in a team or a virtual team.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe an enterprise data center.
- Plan and implement a server virtualization strategy using System Center 2012.
- Plan and implement the network and storage infrastructure required to deploy a virtualized server infrastructure.
- Plan and deploy virtual machines on Windows Hyper-V®.
- Plan and implement a virtualization administration solution by using System Center 2012.
- Plan and implement a server monitoring strategy using the Windows Server 2012 tools and using Microsoft System Center 2012 - Operations Manager.
- Plan and implement an application and a file services infrastructure that is highly available.
- Plan and implement a highly available server infrastructure by using the failover clustering features in Windows Server 2012.
- Plan and implement a business continuity strategy in a Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Plan and implement a PKI deployment, and plan and implement a certificate management solution.
- Plan and implement an AD FS server deployment and claims aware application access.
- Plan and implement Dynamic Access Control, Workplace Join and Work Folders.
- Plan and implement an AD RMS deployment, plan and manage AD RMS templates and access, and plan and implement external access to AD RMS services.
Why choose QuickStart?
98% increased workplace productivity
94% instructor and course effectiveness
Partnered with vendors including Microsoft, Cisco, and Citrix
Contact this provider
Meet your career goals with QuickStart!
QuickStart exists to create world-class technologists by personalizing and individualizing training to address the massive skills gap in the IT industry. Through 20 years of research and data analysis, we’ve learned that a modern learner prefers to learn through multiple...