Project Success Toolkit for Microsoft ProjectProject Success
Project Success Toolkit for Microsoft Project
All available course dates
Project Success Toolkit for Microsoft Project: 1-Day Onsite or Public Training Course
We should not solely rely on software, however, it is a great enabler when managing large and complex projects. This training course has been designed to provide an in-depth overview of Microsoft Project for those professionals currently working with the software.
Project Success has developed an add-in for Microsoft Project allowing the user to be in control of their own schedules. With this tool, users can revise the duration of an activity without impacting the resource assignments, and vice versa. This creates a more stable schedule as the task duration, resource assignments and status do not change without your input.
Another feature that has been developed by Project Success is the ability to status an activity using an Estimated Finish date or a Remaining Duration instead of percent complete. The percent complete function only conveys how much duration or work has been completed, but does not actually tell you when the activity will finish, which is as important.
Who should attend?
This training course is aimed at those working with Microsoft Project who may be frustrated with the software and need insight in how to better utilize the program.
Features of this Toolkit include:
- Activity durations are not automatically adjusted by Microsoft Project
- Capability to status an activity using an Estimated Finish date or a Remaining Duration based on a status date
- Schedule quality tool that identifies unconnected activities and tasks that are violating the network logic, which could result in an invalid critical path and key milestone dates
- Resource planning tools that prevent Microsoft Project from impacting task durations and status when resources are assigned or updated
- Custom Gantt charts that clearly show the Critical Path for a project
- Driving Path tool that allows you to identify and highlight the path of activities that are driving the start or finish date of a selected task. Microsoft Project includes features that only identify the driving task and relationships for a selected activity
- Custom Gantt chart that shows the Driving Path for a selected task or milestone, which highlights areas of risk for key tasks or milestones
- Group & Sort tool that combines the Group By and Sort By features in Microsoft Project, and can automatically insert page breaks to create custom team reports
- Precedence Relationship report that show the predecessors and successors for each activity along with the task name, relationship type and who owns the predecessor and successors
The cost of this Project Success Toolkit for Microsoft Project training course is $750.
About Project Success
Project Success, Inc.
For 30 years, Project Success Incorporated (PSI), formerly YCA, has been helping organizations achieve excellence and timely delivery for their most critical projects. PSI’s client experience crosses all industries including manufacturing, high-tech, utilities, construction, financial services, telecom, real estate, entertainment and transportation. PSI...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...