Advanced Microsoft Project - In House
Appropriate for the experienced Project Manager or Project Administrator, this 1-day course provides an advanced level understanding of Microsoft Project. You will learn to use the tool to facilitate a higher, more effective level of project management within your organization.
This course explores the more complex features of the software. These features are illustrated and practiced through hands-on exercises, designed to enable the Project Manager or Project Scheduler to better model, track, analyze, interpret, and communicate project plans. For in-company courses, the course is customized in advance to suit the requirements of the participants.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
The Advanced Microsoft Project course is appropriate for individuals who:
- Already use and are comfortable with the basic functionality of Microsoft Project.
- Are ready to learn and apply some of the more advanced features that the software has to offer
- 3-day Project Management Essentials (or its equivalent)
- 2-day Microsoft Project Essentials
Certification / Credits
Credits: 7 PDUs/CEUs
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Develop best practices for task and resource entry.
- Understand how task calendars can be used to efficiently schedule activities with specific time restrictions.
- Understand the differences within Microsoft Project between deadlines and constraints, and how both can be used to provide effective management, communications and tracking tools.
- Understand how hidden and rolled-up tasks can be used to facilitate improved project communication and project manageability.
- Create the appropriate views for updating actual information into project, and as a result, use Microsoft Project not only as a planning but also a management tool.
- Understand how project baseline and interim plans differ, and how each can be used successfully as a means of tracking project progress.
- Improve project analysis and communication through the use of custom fields, graphical indicators, and the grouping of project data.
- Know how to improve the usability and efficiency of Microsoft Project through the creation and use of custom views.
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...