Project Management Fundamentals Using Microsoft Project | Live Instructor Led Class
The objective of Project Management Fundamentals Workshop Using MS Project is to introduce the students to basic project management concepts that can be applied directly to their projects. Using a lecture and exercise format, the students will learn project management following the foundation provided in the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) established by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Upon completing the class students will understand and be capable of implementing the primary principles and domains needed to plan and manage and effective project. This class will also allow students to develop actual project management plans and Microsoft Project schedules that can be taken back to their jobs for further planning and execution.
- Project Management Principles
- Project Performance Domains
- Stakeholder Performance Domain
- Team Performance Domain
- Development Approach and Life Cycle Performance Domains
- Planning Performance Domain
- Planning a Project
- Creating the Cost Baseline
- Creating the Risk Register
- Other Plans
- Project Work Performance Domain
- Delivery Performance Domain
- Measurement Performance Domain
- Uncertainty Performance Domain
Certification / Credits
Credits: 21 PDUs
- To understand the project environment and the impact projects and the project process has on the organization.
- To understand the principles of project management which provide guidance and support in helping the project manager and the project team provide value throughout the project.
- To identify and define the project performance domains that provide structure in supporting the people, processes, and business environment.
- To identify, plan, and manage using multiple project development approaches including predictive, iterative, incremental, and agile/adaptive approaches.
- To allow students to bring a project to class to develop the scope, Microsoft Project schedule and cost baselines following the practices defined in the performance domains.
- To understand the various methods of managing and controlling scope, schedule, cost, quality, resources, communications, procurement, stakeholders, and risks.
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...