Project Planning Principles | Live Instructor Led Class
The objective of Project Planning Principles is to introduce the students to basic project management concepts that can be applied directly to their projects. Using a lecture and exercise format, the students will learn project management following the foundation provided in the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) established by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Upon completing the class students will understand and be capable of initiating and planning an effective project. This class allow students to develop actual project management plans that can be taken back to their jobs for further planning and execution.
Upcoming start dates
7 December, 2023
- Virtual Classroom
- Key Terms and Concepts
- System For Value Delivery (Figure 2-2)
- Information Flow (Figure 2-3)
- Organizational Governance
- Functions Associated With Projects
- The Project Environment
- Internal Environment
- External Environment
- Product Management
- Sample Product Life Cycle (Figure 2-4)
- Project Management within a Product Life Cycle
- Product Management within a Program
- Managing Expectations
- Cost of Rework
Certification / Credits
Credits: 14 PDUs
- To understand the project environment and the impact projects and the project process has on the organization.
- To understand the principles of project management which provide guidance and support in helping the project manager and the project team provide value throughout the project.
- To identify and define the project planning related performance domains that provide structure in supporting the people, processes, and business environment.
- To identify and plan using multiple project development approaches including predictive, iterative, incremental, and agile/adaptive approaches.
- To allow students to bring a project to class to develop the scope, schedule and cost baselines following the practices defined in the performance domains.
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...