Project Management Professional (PMP) Bootcamp | Live Instructor Led ClassProject Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Professional (PMP) Bootcamp | Live Instructor Led Class
All available course dates
Project Management Professional (PMP) Bootcamp
If you are taking this course, you probably have some professional exposure to the duties of a project manager, or you may be considering embarking on a career in professional project management. Your ability as a project manager to demonstrate best practices in project management—both on the job and through professional certification—is becoming the standard to compete in today's fast-paced and highly technical workplace. In this course, you will apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® to successfully manage projects.
Project managers who have proven skills and experience can find exciting, high-visibility opportunities in a wide range of fields. This course is specifically designed to provide you with the proven, practical body of project management knowledge and skills that you need to demonstrate project management mastery on the job. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Exam. The skills and knowledge you gain in this course will help you avoid making costly mistakes and increase your competitive edge in the project management profession.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for individuals who have on-the-job project management experience regardless of whether their formal job role is project manager, who are not certified project management professionals, and who might or might not have received formal project management training.
The course enables candidates to develop professionally, increase their project management skills, apply a formalized and standards-based approach to project management, and seek career advancement by moving into a formal project manager job role, as well as to apply for Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI)® Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic project management concepts and have some working experience with project management. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following PME courses:
- Project Management Overview
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Agile Essentials
For this course, students will need complete systems to access your virtual classroom if you are presenting remotely. They will need Microsoft Office applications to access the sample documents and templates. Each computer will need the following general hardware configurations:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) 64-bit (x64) processor.
- 2 gigabytes (GB) of Random Access Memory (RAM).
- 32 GB available storage space.
- Monitor capable of a screen resolution of at least 1,024 × 768 pixels, at least a 256-color display, and a video adapter with at least 4 MB of memory.
- Keyboard and mouse or a compatible pointing device.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- (Instructor computer only) A display system to project the instructor's computer screen.
- Microsoft® Office 365™ license (which provides the Microsoft Office apps)
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 Professional
- If necessary, software for viewing the course slides. (Instructor machine only.)
Lesson 1: Creating a High-Performing Team
- Topic A:Build a Team
- Topic B:Define Team Ground Rules
- Topic C:Negotiate Project Agreements
- Topic D:Empower Team Members and Stakeholders
- Topic E:Train Team Members and Stakeholders
- Topic F:Engage and Support Virtual Teams
- Topic G:Build Shared Understanding about a Project
Lesson 2: Starting the Project
- Topic A:Determine Appropriate Project Methodology/Methods and Practices
- Topic B:Plan and Manage Scope
- Topic C:Plan and Manage Budget and Resources
- Topic D:Plan and Manage Schedule
- Topic E:Plan and Manage Quality of Products and Deliverables
- Topic F:Integrate Project Planning Activities
- Topic G:Plan and Manage Procurement
- Topic H:Establish Project Governance Structure
- Topic I:Plan and Manage Project/Phase Closure
Lesson 3: Doing the Work
- Topic A:Assess and Manage Risks
- Topic B:Execute Project to Deliver Business Value
- Topic C:Manage Communications
- Topic D:Engage Stakeholders
- Topic E:Create Project Artifacts
- Topic F:Manage Project Changes
- Topic G:Manage Project Issues
- Topic H:Ensure Knowledge Transfer for Project Continuity
Lesson 4: Keeping the Team on Track
- Topic A:Lead a Team
- Topic B:Support Team Performance
- Topic C:Address and Remove Impediments, Obstacles, and Blockers
- Topic D:Manage Conflict
- Topic E:Collaborate with Stakeholders
- Topic F:Mentor Relevant Stakeholders
- Topic G:Apply Emotional Intelligence to Promote Team Performance
Lesson 5: Keeping the Business in Mind
- Topic A:Manage Compliance Requirements
- Topic B:Evaluate and Deliver Project Benefits and Value
- Topic C:Evaluate and Address Internal and External Business
- Environment Changes
- Topic D:Support Organizational Change
- Topic E:Employ Continuous Process Improvement
Appendix A:Mapping Course Content to the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Examination Content Outline
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...