PMP Exam Prep
PMP® Exam Preparation
Procept has prepared candidates for the PMP® exam longer than any other provider in Canada. In fact, Procept taught the first professional PMP® Exam Prep course in Canada and was PMI’s first Registered Education Provider in Canada. Currently, Procept has been selected as a PMI Authorized Training Partner (ATP) and now uses PMI-provided course materials when preparing students to pass this important exam.
Project managers with proven skills and experience can find exciting, high-visibility opportunities in a wide range of fields. This course is specifically designed to provide participants with a proven, practical approach to preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Exam from the Project Management Institute (PMI). This course is an intense review of exam material to help prepare people to write the exam; it is not intended to teach people basic project management concepts. Prior project management training and experience is highly recommended to maximize candidates’ chances to pass the exam.
The course is delivered by trainers who have had extensive experience in professional project management and a long history of successfully preparing people for the PMP® exam. The instructors are experts at presenting content in an engaging manner, keeping the atmosphere positive, and empowering course participants as they prepare to challenge the PMP® exam. When delivering this class online, Procept instructors make the learning engaging through the use of online polls, sample quizzes, group discussions, videos, and other activities conducted as a whole class or in online breakout rooms.
As of January 2021, all instructors of this course must be accredited by PMI. PMI accreditation means that the instructors have completed specialized PMI training from PMI to prepare them to deliver the PMI-provided course materials and that they have passed a PMI exam on their knowledge of the PMP® exam, the PMI course, and their knowledge of alternate project management practices like agile and hybrid approaches.
Who should attend?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The PMP® Exam Preparation course is appropriate for individuals who have had previous PM training and are already familiar with project management processes.
- 3-day Project Management Essentials (or its equivalent), or
- You already work in a project management environment that manages project scope, cost, time, quality, etc.
LESSON 1: CREATING A HIGH-PERFORMING TEAM
The success of your project depends on the people involved. A key role of a project manager is to assemble and manage the project team and any additional stakeholders.
- Build A Team
- Define Team Ground Rules
- Negotiate Project Agreements
- Empower Team Members And Stakeholders
- Train Team Members And Stakeholders
- Engage And Support Virtual Teams
- Build Shared Understanding About A Project
LESSON 2: STARTING THE PROJECT
Now that you’ve assembled a high-performing, engaged, and empowered project team, you are ready to get started with the planning of the project. Planning includes all aspects of a project including budget, schedule, scope, quality, project activities, procurement, and closure.
- Determine Appropriate Project Methodology/Methods And Practices
- Plan And Manage Scope
- Plan And Manage Budget And Resources
- Plan And Manage Schedule
- Plan And Manage Quality Of Products And Deliverables
- Integrate Project Planning Activities
- Plan And Manage Procurement
- Establish Project Governance Structure
- Plan And Manage Project/Phase Closure
LESSON 3: DOING THE WORK
Now that you have a project plan and have determined the requirements for managing the project from initiation to closure, you are ready to execute the project.
- Assess And Manage Risks
- Execute Project To Deliver Business Value
- Manage Communications
- Engage Stakeholders
- Create Project Artifacts
- Manage Project Changes
- Manage Project Issues
- Ensure Knowledge Transfer For Project Continuity
LESSON 4: KEEPING THE TEAM ON TRACK
Now that the project team has been assembled and is doing the work of the project, you need to ensure that the team stays on track. As the project manager, you need to demonstrate the type of leadership that facilitates collaboration among the team and stakeholders, manages conflict, removes obstacles, and supports the team’s performance.
- Lead A Team
- Support Team Performance
- Address And Remove Impediments, Obstacles, And Blockers
- Manage Conflict
- Collaborate With Stakeholders
- Mentor Relevant Stakeholders
- Apply Emotional Intelligence To Promote Team Performance
LESSON 5: KEEPING THE BUSINESS IN MIND
Keeping a handle on the changes in both the internal and external business environments is the project manager’s responsibility. Employing a continuous process improvement plan will ensure that the project’s success can be consistently repeated within your organization.
- Manage Compliance Requirements
- Evaluate And Deliver Project Benefits And Value
- Evaluate And Address Internal And External Business Environment Changes
- Support Organizational Change
- Employ Continuous Process Improvement
Course delivery details
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Identify the “correct” answer to a majority of multiple choice questions similar to the PMP® and CAPM® exams
- Remember formulas and concepts through application to real-life scenarios instead of memorization.
- Utilize “tips and tricks” to write the PMP® exam with more confidence.
- Identify which content areas may need further home study
- Be aware of the PMP® and CAPM® qualification process
- Describe generally-accepted project management practices
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...