Frontline Manager™: Introduction to Supervision
This course, aimed at aspiring supervisors and companies that want to improve their employees' supervisory skills, is designed to help a worker make the transition from individual contributor to a supervisor who oversees the work of others. Self-paced and highly interactive, the course details the fundamental nature of a supervisor's role and the basic management principles that apply to it. It also provides a close look at seven skills that are essential to any supervisor's success: managing time and priorities; communicating; organizing the work and setting goals; managing relationships; resolving conflict; guising the work; and managing performance. Learners will also have a chance to assess their own supervisory skills and get practical tips on dealing with upper management.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Outline the stages in the supervisory transition process.
- Explain the five roles that a supervisor must perform.
- Distinguish between and among different organizational structures, explaining how the supervisor's role fits within each.
- Define "span of control" and discuss the different factors that may broaden or narrow a supervisor's span of control.
- Explain the importance of emotional intelligence for those in a supervisory position.
- Discuss the seven most important supervisory skills.
- Discuss different strategies for managing time and priorities.
- Describe ways to improve your active-listening skills and explain the importance of active listening in the communication process.
- Define SMART goals and explain how they improve the goal-setting process.
- Assess the relative importance of different interpersonal skills in the context of relationship management.
- Discuss the stages of conflict and explain how a supervisor can most effectively address conflict in the workplace.
- Discuss the role of both formal and informal feedback in a performance-management system.
- Identify key strategies for "managing up."
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 90 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 0.6 CEUs / 6 HRCIs / 6 SHRMs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...