Recognizing And Removing Barriers to Performance - In House
Great managers can read people. They know that employees have different skills, different concerns and different levels of motivation. Further, they know that if they ignore these diverse needs, there is a greater chance that their employees will waste their energy moving in the wrong direction, get frustrated with a lack of success, or just disengage from a project or team. Consequently, through the support of DiSC®, they’ve learned to adjust their management style to the employee’s style and needs of the situation. This course is designed to help managers recognize the employee’s needs and remove barriers to performance.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This course is intended for all members of a team, including the team leader.
Participants are required to complete DiSC® online.
- Discover four styles of behaviour and explore the general preferences of your style
- Learn how to recognize the styles of other people
- Learn how to address goals and fears to gain commitment
- Learn to adapt your management approach based on willingness and ability
Certification / Credits
Credit: 7 PDUs
Participants will learn how to:
- Read the DiSC® style and developmental needs of different employees
- Understand the goals and fears of their employees
- Adapt their management approach to match the ability level and motivation of their employees
- Recognize and reduce their employees’ opposition and resistance
- Develop employees that are more energized, efficient, and committed
- Identify a way to understand differences
- Learn how to adapt your managerial skills
- Develop skills in recognizing people’s DiSC® styles based on behavioural cues
- Understand how goals and fears affect commitment
- Discover how DiSC® can help identify goals and fears
- Create situations where other people can be energized and committed
- Develop an action plan
- Learn how DiSC® style, combined with ability and willingness, can help guide us to a management approach
- Discover how this makes us more effective when leading someone toward a performance goal
- Consider how DiSC® style affected your perception of his or her willingness to do the task
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...