Program Management in AerospaceProcept Associates Ltd.
Program Management in Aerospace
This 6-day course — delivered in 6 one-day modules — is based on the Handbook on Program Management in Aerospace developed by the Ontario aerospace industry. Instructors for this course bring a PM discipline gained from years of managing projects in rigorous project-driven industries.
This course is intended for current employees of aerospace firms working in Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Manufacturing/Production, Business Development and other areas that are directly involved in Program Management or who interface with Program Management functions. We facilitate discussions among the participants about their project management challenges and successes.
By the conclusion of this course, you will learn the processes of the benchmark publication A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) published by the Project Management Institute (PMI). The course is always consistent with the current PMBOK Guide.
Many of our participants are interested in preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP) or related CAPM designation. We have been preparing candidates for those exams since 1991, longer than anyone else in Canada.
Who should attend?
The Program Management in Aerospace seminar is appropriate for individuals who:
- Are being appointed as a Project Manager
- Work in a project management environment and want to increase their PM knowledge
- Are preparing for the PMP or CAPM designation
- Want to enhance their marketability in the project management job market
Participants should have taken our 3-day Project Management Essentials (or equivalent), or they should already work in a project management environment that manages project scope, cost and time.
- History of PM, PM body of knowledge
- Context within portfolios and programs
- Project life cycles, triple constraint
- Organizing for projects and programs
- Exercise: past experiences (success and failure)
Definition and Initiation
- Identify stakeholders
- Process of defining and initiating a program
- Supporting corporate strategies
- Program Charter
- Exercises: Stakeholders, 21st century jet
Program Planning and Organization
- Scope planning, definition
- Risk management planning
- Procurement planning
- Cost estimating
- Communication planning
- Exercises: Work Breakdown Structure, Risk workshops, Make vs. buy, contract types, estimate types, cost estimating workshop, logic diagrams, crashing, resource levelling, communication management plan
Program Execution and Control
- Scope control
- Schedule control
- Cost control
- Contract administration
- Communications management: Information distribution, Performance reporting, Manage stakeholders
- Exercises: Schedule evaluation, earned value, dispute resolution, communication problems, stakeholder management
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Understand the framework and terminology of PM, as defined by the Ontario Aerospace Council and PMI
- Add techniques to their PM "toolbox", increasing their value to the organization
- Increase their own PM lessons learned by learning from experiences of others
- Return to the workplace able and willing to improve their units' PM process
- With further preparation, be prepared for the PMP exam
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...