Program Management Essentials: Transforming Strategy into Reality - In House
Programs are suites of interrelated projects and operational activities. Program managers coordinate the efforts of project teams, functional groups, product support and operations staff, marketing specialists, suppliers and others to ensure that proposed business changes, complex products and processes are implemented to maximize benefits.
Program managers are responsible for the achievement of more than the delivery of project results; they are change agents responsible for the integrated implementation and success of proposed business changes in the form of products and/or business processes.
To succeed, program managers require marketing, business management, leadership, facilitation and project management skills. Effective program managers recognize that managing a program is exponentially more complex than managing a single project. They recognize that technical and project management skills are not enough. Success relies on business knowledge, leadership capability, communication and negotiation skills.
The goal of this course is to equip participants with the necessary knowledge, skills and techniques to effectively navigate creation, implementation and ongoing operations of program management and, in some cases, product management processes within the context of the organization.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for individuals who:
- Plan, control or manage the execution of complex projects or programs made up of multiple projects
- Manage projects within programs
- Act as a functional manager, vendor or consultant who provides staff and/or services in a program-based environment
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Maximize the transformational impact of a program according to the business needs.
- Understand management principles and techniques and how to apply them within a program context.
- Implement program governance and organization that will produce expected benefits.
- Plan for and manage benefit realization, risks, issues, and quality.
- Manage component projects’ interdependencies that are linked to both program and strategic objectives.
- Understand and practice how to manage stakeholder relationships effectively.
- Improve communication and action planning effectiveness for programs in organizations.
- Distinguish between programs and projects within the enterprise focused business framework.
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...