Introduction to Project Portfolio Management - In House
Stimulated by the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) publication of The Standard for Portfolio Management, many of our corporate customers have been interested in how they can improve their portfolio management practices. Many of our project manager course participants are interested in looking up into the organization to see how projects and programs can be selected to align with corporate strategy. Although this 1-day course is part of our “Advanced Topics in Project Management”, it is a stand-alone course. Portfolio management is closely aligned with project management and program management, but it is a separate discipline. We use a recent Ivey Business School case study from the Canadian business community as a focus of discussion.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Senior project managers and program managers, directors of project management offices, managers of process improvement, senior managers wanting to learn a benchmark of portfolio management.
- Project Management Professionals seeking professional development units.
- Candidates for PMI’s® Program Management Professional designation.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
- PPM In the Organization
- Strategy and objectives
- Why use PPM
- PMI Standard
- Framework and Processes
- Models and best practices
- Interactive application and examples (case study, exercises, and workshops)
- Stakeholders and Roles
- Wrap Up
- Research findings
- Success factors
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Outline the framework of Project Portfolio Management (PPM), as defined by PMI®.
- Discuss the application of PPM by organizations, from available applied research.
- Return to your organization able and willing to influence your organization’s PPM practices.
- Recognize the value of PPM in achieving your organizations strategic objectives.
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...