PRINCE2 Foundation - In House
This 3-day foundation course is aimed at individuals who need to be informed members of a project management team within an environment using PRINCE2 methodology. It is targeted towards explanation of various terminology, the purpose and benefits of the documents produced and how these can be applied to everyday project work. The various elements of PRINCE2 will be re-enforced using a sample case study.
We have partnered with Raj Khanna Associates Ltd., who is an Accredited Training Organization for APMG UK, to provide the this course. This course is based on the 2009 version of PRINCE2.
At the end of the course you will write the PRINCE2 Foundation examination.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
The PRINCE2 Foundation course is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Managing projects and now require formal PRINCE2 training.
- Involved in some form of project support activity.
- Note: Participants are required to undertake preliminary study using the provided Pre-Course Workbook. Further self-study is also expected during the evenings of each course day.
To gain the most from the Foundation Course we recommend that delegates should have had prior experience or awareness of projects and the project management environment, though not necessarily as a project manager. Prior to Day One of the course delegates should have completed their pre-course study pack. The course content and timing is based on the assumption that they will have done so.
- Definition of a Project and its relationship to products/outcomes/benefits
- Benefits of a structured approach to Project Management
- Seven principles
- Continued Business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Focus on products
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Seven Processes
- Starting up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
- Seven Themes
- Business Case
- Two Techniques
- Product Based Planning
- Quality Review
- Management Products
- Types (e.g. Project Mandate, Project Brief, Business Case, P.I.D.)
- Key contents
- Links (as inputs and outputs)
- Relationships between Principles, Themes and Processes Conclusion
Certification / Credits
Credits: 21 PDUs/CEUs
On completion of the course the participants should be able to:
- Discuss the principles of PRINCE2 methodology
- Apply PRINCE2 methodology to projects within their organizations
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...