IT Service Management Foundation V3 - In House
ITIL V3 was designed from the lifecycle perspective, recognizing that for a service to be created, it should have the capability to meet the objectives and requirements of its customers and markets. Consequently, there is the need to determine the objectives and requirements for each service (service strategy), which will guide in its design (service design), transition into production (service transition), and operation of the service (service operation). The purpose of the fifth and the final phase - continual service improvement, is to gradually improve every aspect of the service, from service strategy to service operation.
During the 3-day course you will learn ITIL terminology, the structure, basic concepts and core principles of ITIL practices for Service Management. The Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is not intended to enable you to apply ITIL practices for Service Management without further guidance.
Professional Development Units: As a service to Project Management Professionals (PMP®), this course is registered with the Project Management Institute.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
The IT Service Management Foundation V3 course is appropriate for individuals who:
- Require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- Are IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL®, who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement program.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
- Course introduction
- Background and qualification structure
- Why v3 and why is ITIL successful?
- Business benefits of ITIL adoption
Service Management as a Practice
- Service management objectives
- Service, service package, service management and stakeholders
- Functions, roles and processes
- Practice, good and best practice
The Service Lifecycle
- Principle of service lifecycle
- Purpose, objectives, scope and business value of service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation, and continual service improvement
The Lifecycle Phase: Service Strategy
- Basic concepts and principles
- Service Strategy Processes
- Service portfolio management
- Financial management
- Business relationship management
The Lifecycle Phase: Service Design
- Basic concepts and principles
- Service Design Processes: purpose, objectives, scope, basic concepts, activities and interfaces
The Lifecycle Phase: Service Transition
- Service Transition Processes: purpose, objectives, scope, basic concepts, activities and interfaces
The Lifecycle Phase: Service Operation
- Service Operation Processes
- Incident and Problem Management: purpose, objectives, scope, basic concepts, activities and interfaces
- Event Management, Request Fulfillment and Access Management: purpose, objectives and scope
- Service Operation Functions
- Service Desk: roles, objectives and organizational structures
- Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management: role and objectives
The Lifecycle Phase: Continuous Service Improvement
- Basic concepts and principles:
- CSI Process
- Seven step improvement process: purpose, objectives and scope
Certification / Credits
Credit: 7 PDUs
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Service Management as a practice (Comprehension)
- Service lifecycle (Comprehension)
- Key principles and models (Comprehension)
- Generic concepts and definitions (Awareness)
- Selected processes (Awareness)
- Selected roles and functions (Awareness)
- Technology and architecture (Awareness)
- Competence and training (Awareness)
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...