ISO 20000 Foundation (Service Management System) - In House
The requirements for the ISO/IEC 20000-1 international standard include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfill service requirements and provide value for both the customer and the service provider. Using the Plan, Do, Check, Act approach, the international standard requires an integrated approach for establishing, implementing, operating and improving a service management system (SMS). (Source: ISO/IEC 20000-1.)
This three-day foundation-level course was designed to introduce participants to the purpose, scope and contents of the international standard, as well as prepare them for the ISO 20000 Foundation certification examination at the end of the course.
The course is delivered in conjunction with our partner TCIC Global Certification Ltd., a certification body (CB), training organization (TO) and examination institute (EI) for ISO 27001, ISO 20000 and ISO 22301, with global presence and recognition for its professional services, and also, an accredited training organization (ATO) and registered certification body (RCB) with APM Group for ISO 20000.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for:
- Chief Information Officers
- Heads of IT Service Management, or Unit Heads within the IT Department
- Service Desk and Call Center Managers, Supervisors and Staff
- Anyone involved with the delivery of IT services or other business services
- Anyone with responsibility for overseeing the operations of information technology departments
- Anyone with the responsibility of auditing information technology departments
There is no prerequisite for this course but practical experience in an IT Department will enhance learning.
- Introductions, background to ISO 20000
- The ISO 20000 certification scheme overview
- ISO 20000 Overview terminology, processes and objectives
- ISO 20000: Part 1 in detail
- ISO 20000: Part 2 overview
- ISO 20000 scoping introduction
- ISO 20000 internal audit introduction
- APMG Examination (1 hour multiple choice)
Certification / Credits
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the purpose, objectives and scope of ISO 20000
- Recognize the value in using the PDCA approach for implementing the international standard
- Understand the contents including all the clauses in the standard
- Be prepared for the ISO 20000 Foundation examination.
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...