Business Case Basics - In House
This 1 - 2 day course provides participants with an overview and tools on how to analyze initiatives, review and consider options and put together a clear business case that enables the performing organization to make the best possible informed decisions. The session includes a review of best practices that are the building blocks of understanding the value of initiatives, prioritizing, articulating benefits and managing stakeholder expectations.
Additionally, the session will provide an overview of basic financial calculations to measure Return on Investment (ROI) and concepts around benefit definition and measurement through the institutions of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that go beyond the financials. All of the above will be taught in a manner that non-PMs/BAs will be able to become more fluid in the terminology of business cases and be able to converse in this new language when presenting and defending their work.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This course is intended for non-PMs/BAs who are involved with project selection and require the ability to put together a clear business case.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
- Introduction to business case and benefits’ definition
- Building a foundation for evaluation, selection and prioritization of initiatives
- Managing stakeholder expectations and align the objectives
- Financials and EMV
- KPIs and benefits definition and measurement beyond financials
- Defining business objectives, the problem the benefits and risk considerations
- Transitioning from business case to a project
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Become well versed in the language of Business Cases and aligning methodology and terminology with day-to-day language and practices
- Articulate the need for performing due-diligence and building a business case
- Define the business case process
- Consider organization’s business objectives in light of initiatives under consideration
- Outline the problem / opportunity on hand
- Explore and consider possible solutions to a problem and present relevant options
- Rationalize the solution and review the approval process
- Transition the business case into a project
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...