Building a Better Business Case - In House
This course provides participants with information and tools on how to analyze initiatives, review and consider options and put together a clear business case that enables the performing organization to make the best possible informed decisions.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
The course is designed for Business Analysts, Project Managers, Project Sponsors and others who are involved in project selection and evaluation criteria.
There are no prerequisites for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
Introduction to Business Case Development
- The need for a Business Case
Business Case Process and Context
- Articulate the problem, challenge, need, or opportunity
Business Case Solutions Explore
- Compare options
- Define benefits
- Introduction to Finance
- Risk considerations
Justify and Rationalize the Solution
Business Case Approval
- Building the Case
- Transitioning from Business Case to Projects
Certification / Credits
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the need for performing due-diligence and building a business case
- Define the business case process
- Consider organization’s business objectives in light of initiatives under consideration
- Outline the problem / opportunity on hand
- Explore and consider possible solutions to a problem and present relevant options
- Rationalize the solution and review the approval process
- Identify techniques to measure non-tangible benefit
- Transition the business case into a project
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...