Pipeline O&M, Leak Detection, Repairs, Alterations and Abandonment
In this skill module, you will learn the key aspects of daily operations and maintenance of pipeline systems. You will recognize the reasons for monitoring pipelines, how to detect leaks, and common systems that are used for leak detection. Also covered in this module, key actions and components of pipeline emergency response programs, and primary methods to debottleneck a pipeline system. You will learn about the code requirements for asset integrity management, primary onshore and offshore pipeline repair methods, and the general principles behind SIMOPS procedures. Lastly, you will learn about the issues that must be addressed when reactivating an idled pipeline and the requirements to correctly abandon a pipeline.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Pipeline project managers and engineers, operations and maintenance supervisors, regulatory compliance personnel, and other technical professionals with 1-3 years of experience in natural gas, crude oil, refined petroleum products, LPGs, NGL, chemical, carbon dioxide pipeline engineering, construction, operations, or maintenance. This course is intended for participants needing a broad understanding of the planning, development, construction, start-up, and operating and asset integrity management of onshore pipelines.
You will learn how to
- Describe the risks and consequences of pipeline incidents by type of service and location
- Define High Consequence Area [HCA] and list the impacts on pipeline design and operation
- List the primary pipeline defects and the required repair methods for each
- List the specialized materials, supplies, and equipment that may be required for emergency repairs
- Explain the variety of definitions for decommissioning, idling, and abandoning pipeline facilities
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...