Meeting Management and Facilitation for the Petroleum Industry – MMF
Meetings remain a boon or curse to corporate communication. Properly planned and managed, meetings are extremely positive and dynamic ways to exchange ideas, shape policy, resolve problems, effect change, etc. However, when poorly designed and implemented, meetings accomplish little. They become virtual breeding grounds for confusion, tension, frustration, boredom, and negativity. This course is for petroleum industry professionals who plan and conduct meetings. During this interactive 2-day session, participants will learn how to perfect meeting facilitation skills; master meeting agenda design skills; and polish meeting communication skills so that they'll be able to run meetings efficiently, effectively, and smoothly. Participants will be given ample opportunity to practice what they're learning in class and to receive feedback about those areas of meeting management and facilitation they do well and those areas that they'll need to improve.
"Liked mock meeting and instruction in general." - Project Engineer
"High professional interaction by Dr. Pelton! I enjoyed these two days very much." - Controller, Germany
Who should attend?
Petroleum industry professionals who plan, conduct, and manage meetings.
- Speaking skills
- Time management in meetings
- Agenda creation
- Conflict management
- Meeting facilitation aids
Certification / Credits
- Run efficient face-to-face and/or on-line meetings
- Prepare and implement meeting agendas
- Incorporate meeting facilitation techniques and tools
- Understand meeting roles and responsibilities
- Use meeting facilitation tools
- Master meeting management skills, i.e., using time wisely, avoiding topic confusion, handling personal attack, avoiding 'traffic' problems, dealing with individual and group communication, and maintaining topic (agenda) focus
- Recognize and understand the various roles that a facilitator plays during the course of a meeting
- Speak in front of others
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...