Fundamentals of Process Safety - PS-2
The course will cover the fundamentals of Process Safety for all staff levels of processing facilities in the upstream and downstream oil, gas, and petrochemical industry. To identify how different disciplines and roles can have an impact on Process Safety performance, there is a rolling case study (Project COLEX) throughout the course that involves the installation of a separator vessel. The associated Process Safety considerations and implications are explored and discussed at the various stages, from design to full operation.
"This covered wide range of process safety aspect and method/techniques of managing." - SSHE Engineer, Myanmar
"A holistic approach to the whole process safety cycle with not too much detail on technical (right balance)." - Labor Inspection Officer, Cyprus
Who should attend?
The course will benefit all staff associated with the operation, maintenance, and governance in production and processing facilities. It is relevant to roles, including senior management, project and engineering support teams, HSE support, supervisors, and operator and maintenance technicians. An understanding is provided of the design basis and essentials for safe operations, without addressing the more detailed calculation aspects covered in Process Safety Engineering PS-4.
- Business context for Process Safety
- Risk assessment (hazard identification, hazard scenarios, consequence and likelihood analysis, and risk analysis and tools and techniques)
- Risk reduction measures (barriers)
- Management of process safety in operations (operating procedures, design and operating limits, human factors, inspection and maintenance, and emergency response)
- Management of change
- Learning from previous incidents and near misses
- Self-verification and measurement
- Process safety key performance indicators
- Management review and auditing
- Process safety leadership (governance and culture)
Certification / Credits
- Identify the systems and processes required to enhance process safety in a high hazard installation
- Identify and choose appropriate techniques and tools to qualitatively assess process hazards
- Determine appropriate risk reduction strategies and identify effective risk reduction measures to prevent, control, and mitigate process safety risk
- Recognize and develop systems to manage Process Safety in operations through operating procedures and operating limits, ensuring plant integrity through maintenance and inspection
- Use a management of change process to minimize risk of change
- Identify and monitor key performance measures and verifications to maintain and improve safety performance
Average rating 4.2
A holistic approach to the whole process safety cycle with not too much detail on technical (right balance).
All was interesting.
Liked incident investigation, process safety leadership, "what if" analysis, hazards definition.
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...