Drilling Fluids Technology - DFTPetroSkills
Drilling Fluids Technology - DFT
All available course dates
Drilling Fluids Technology - DFT
This course is designed for engineers and field personnel involved in the planning and implementation of drilling programs. The seminar covers all aspects of drilling fluids technology, emphasizing both theory and practical application. Hands-on laboratory exercises are included in the five-day Houston sessions. Drilling is a complex operation requiring the marriage of different technologies and disciplines. Today's drilling personnel must have a working knowledge of the drilling fluid in order to effectively drill a well. The course provides the fundamentals necessary to drill a well, whether it is a shallow well or a complex, high pressure well.
"Very clear! Excellent" - Participant, United States
"I liked the hands on lab portion of the class the best." - Facilities Engineer, United States
Who should attend?
Drilling supervisors, drilling engineers, tool pushers, managers, and technical support personnel involved with drilling operations. This course is valuable for anyone who needs to understand the fundamental aspects of drilling fluids.
- Composition and properties of water-based drilling fluids
- Analysis of API water-base mud and non-aqueous drilling fluid report
- Identification and treatment of drilling fluid contaminants
- Composition and properties of water-based and non-aqueous drilling fluid systems
- Selection of water phase salinity for borehole stability
- API water-based and non-aqueous drilling mud tests*
- Adjustment of non-aqueous drilling fluid properties
- Managing invert emulsion fluid systems: rig preparation and displacement
- Non-aqueous drilling fluids designed for environmental compliance
Certification / Credits
- Use clays and polymers to achieve desired mud properties
- Apply water chemistry to the treatment of drilling fluids
- Perform complete water-based fluid as well as non-aqueous fluid tests using API Recommended Practice 13B/ISO 10414-1*
- Evaluate and apply the results of an API drilling fluids report to maximize drilling operations and minimize non-productive time
- Identify critical drilling fluid contaminants and prescribe corrective treatments for effective drilling fluid management
- Calculate the chloride concentration of the drilling fluid in order to maintain wellbore stability
- Select non-aqueous fluids to meet drilling requirements and environmental concerns
- Manage non-aqueous drilling fluid systems
- Minimize formation damage to optimize well producibility
- Evaluate options for drilling fluid waste management
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...
Contact this provider
Average rating 4.3Based on 3 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
3,890 USD-5,080 USD
3,990 USD-5,550 USD