Seismic data is typically not viewed in frequency or phase domain, but they are becoming popular displays. This skill module introduces the concept of Attributes and explains what they are and how they are used to determine prospectivity of hydrocarbons.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Geoscientists, engineers, team leaders, geoscience technicians, asset managers, and anyone involved in using seismic data that needs to understand and use this data at a basic level or to communicate with others that use it.
You will learn how to
- Define attributes
- Identify the importance of attributes
- Describe spectral decomposition attributes
- Explain spectral notching
- Identify the concepts of attenuation and Q
- Describe the Hilbert Transform attributes
- List the multi-trace attributes
- Describe the coherency attribute
- Describe the curvature attribute
- Explain the application of self-organizing maps in predicting reservoir rock properties
- Identify the duplicity of attributes
- Relate how the application of attributes is far more important to know than the different types of attributes
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...