Amplitude vs Offset
Amplitude variation with offset is used to modify risk in hydrocarbon prospects. This skill module introduces the concept, process, and application of the technology.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Geoscientists, engineers, team leaders, geoscience technicians, asset managers, and anyone involved in using seismic data that needs to understand and use this data at a basic level or to communicate with others that use it.
You will learn how to:
- Define amplitude variation with offset/angle (AVO/AVA)
- Make approximations to the Zoeppritz equations, including Aki-Richards equation and Shuey's equation
- Identify the Rutherford and Williams classification
- Describe slope, intercept, and the fluid line
- Describe the methods for prestack inversion, including Simultaneous Inversion; Elastic Impedance and Extended Elastic Impedance; Lambda Rho and Mu Rho
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...