Is That Legal? Avoid Frequent Problems with the Transparent Operation of Not-for-Profit Organizations
Learn to recognize problem areas in your organization and ways to implement solutions.
Most leaders of not-for-profit organizations inherit problem areas that have arisen gradually over time. Prior leadership, instead of addressing these problems, has taken the easier route and not rocked the boat to fix these problems. Or more likely, prior leadership either did not recognize the problems or did not have the ability or resolve to solve these issues. This topic will help leaders to recognize the problem areas, understand the simple solutions and find creative and painless ways to implement these solutions. Most importantly, this will be implemented in ways most beneficial to the executive for purposes of achievement and recognition. To accomplish this, board management is critical, as is transparency throughout the process.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- executive directors
- vice presidents
- tax managers
- human resource and workers' compensation managers
- supervisors and managers.
Nonprofit Legal Refresher
- 501(c)(6) vs. 501(c)(3)
- IRS Tests and Treatment
- Nonprofit Taxation
- Nonprofit Bylaws, etc.
- Antitrust Basics
- Employees and Litigation
- Lobbying and Advocacy
- Work for Hire
Protecting Your Organization and Board
- D&O, E&O, CGL
- Meetings and Events
- Drug Testing
- COVID-19 and Force Majeure
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to define what potential legal issues are facing my organization.
- You will be able to identify the areas of hidden risk and how to manage/avoid those risks.
- You will be able to recognize areas within which you can improve at no cost.
- You will be able to review how your organization operates and how this can be improved
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...