Mindshift - Embracing Diversity
Mindshift's focus is on organizational behavior, recognizing cultural and individual values, unique qualities, talents and similarities. This seminar is about changing the way we look and think about diversity, moving away from typical legal policies and regulations or, 'business case', and instead discussing how differences can work to enhance the organizations values, vision, and mission effectiveness. The overarching goal is, 'Integrate diversity into our culture so that it is not a program but conducted as a way of life.' The practices of successful diversity 'programs' are interwoven in an organization's culture. The distinction being that diversity is a value, not a program.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
What You Will Cover:
- Diversity provides an opportunity to acknowledge a highly competent workforce with interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives consistent with the organization's core values.
- All-inclusive organizational attitude and behavior, fostering dignity and respect and enhances mission enhancement
- Diversity Challenge affirms the identity, values, and differences, workers bring and strives to create a culture that promotes trust, opportunity, fairness, and open communication
- Contributions of groups protected classes and goes beyond race and gender issues and appreciates their strengths
- Reduce and eliminate racial, gender, and other forms of bias and discrimination
- Recruit, retain, and promote non-traditional members of the workforce, the organization's diversity initiatives benefit from these programs
- Diversity is not a new name for an equal opportunity program
Course delivery details
Available on-site programming.
Certification / Credits
How You Will Benefit:
- Recognize there are benefits to gain from effectively managing diversity, and how you can increase your personal awareness on diversity?
- In the next few years we will likely see more change in the cultural, ethnic, and racial make-up of our society than at any other time in our history Communicate effective in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Recognize the distinction between EO and diversity programs
- Individuals who believe their talents are contributing toward the goals will be more motivated to give their best. On the other hand, if people feel their inputs are not valued they may become disinterested and uninvolved
- Leaders can capitalize on their subordinates' talents and perspectives. With guidance and encouragement, the subordinates can come up with different ideas, alternatives, or plans to make your organization better.
- Employee teams that are able to openly communicate and accept different individuals' perspectives and approaches to problems are more likely to make the most effective decisions. Because the team is able to look at a situation from different angles.
Why choose LDi?
Vast catalog of courses in professional and personal development
We dedicate our time to each client tailoring to their specific needs. Our core values speak for themselves.
Our instructors are subject matter experts with proven experience in their training topics.