Rapid Training DesignLangevin Learning Services Inc.
Rapid Training Design
All available course dates
Rapid Training Design
This Rapid Training Design train-the-trainer workshop is intended for designers with a solid foundation in the basic principles of instructional design who want a faster, leaner, more adaptable way to create training. You’ll learn to reduce the amount of content in a course, make more efficient design and development decisions, and use time-saving shortcuts. The rapid design process, also known as rapid prototyping, agile design, or the sprint model, will help you turn large training projects into a series of more manageable segments. You’ll also explore ways to involve stakeholders early and more often, reduce rework, and focus your efforts on the highest priority content. In short, you’ll create more training with fewer resources. This approach is applicable whether you create classroom instruction, on-the-job training, e-learning tutorials, or virtual classroom training.
This workshop is also available as on-site/company specific. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
For instructional designers who have knowledge and experience with fundamental instructional design principles and at least one year of experience designing any type of training.
- Plan a rapid training design project.
- Identify project stakeholders.
- Identify tasks and topics.
- Manage rapid project scope.
- Prioritize tasks.
- Analyze tasks.
- Analyze topics.
- Design a prototype lesson.
- Develop a prototype lesson.
- Test a prototype lesson.
- Revise a prototype lesson.
- Report progress.
- Validate course.
What you will learn
- The 3 critical categories of planning questions.
- 35 elements to consider in planning a rapid training design project.
- The 5 key parts of a rapid design plan.
- How to determine the sponsor of a course.
- 10 ways to identify all project stakeholders.
- The best way to initiate stakeholder involvement.
- How to adjust and improve a project plan on a continual basis.
- The 2 types of course content and how to choose them.
- Tricks to avoid flawed content in your courses.
- 12 ways to manage the scope of the course.
- How to get content approval from the project sponsor.
- 4 factors to prioritize course material.
- How to smoothly manage subject-matter expert input.
- The best way to make content clear and concise.
- Using a modular approach to training design.
- 3 ways to incorporate previous feedback into new designs.
- Tackling content in manageable portions.
- How to save time selecting instructional methods.
- Choosing ideal formats for materials.
- How to structure each lesson for maximum learning.
- 9 tools to ensure each lesson works the first time around.
- How to develop a prototype lesson.
- Tips for keeping manuals clean and lean.
- 16 considerations when preparing slides.
- 6 formats that make job aids easy to create.
- The 5 computer media types and how to develop them well.
- 3 stages to test a prototype lesson.
- 8 ways to resolve stakeholder issues while prototyping.
- How to improve content, activities, and materials based on feedback.
- Techniques to avoid rework and save up to 30% of your project time.
- The 7 things to include when reporting progress during the project.
- How to validate an entire course after rapid training design.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
About Langevin Learning Services Inc.
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
1,799 USD-2,399 USD