Combatting Marine and Air Pollution
Understand policies, standards and the key stakeholders governing marine and air pollution from shipping
Gain essential know-how and the tools to prevent and reduce all kinds of pollution from shipping, including pollution in the offshore oil and gas sector. Explore emission trading schemes, and current regulatory and industry best practice trends.
- Module 1 – Pollution in Context: Causes and Effects, Governance, Regulations and Enforcement
- Module 2 – Marine Pollution from Noxious Liquid Substances in Bulk, Harmful Substances in Packaged Form, Sewage, Garbage, Ballast Water and Other Sources
- Module 3 – Oil Pollution, Including from Offshore Oil & Gas Activities
- Module 4 – IMO 2020 Sulphur Cap Regulation and Enforcement
- Module 5 – IMO 2020 Sulphur Cap Monitoring, Ongoing Improvement, and Industry Best Practice
- Module 6 – Emission Trading Schemes, Greenhouse Gases and Shipping
Course delivery details
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Book on or before 15 July 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1619.10 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
Book after 15 July 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1799 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
Certification / Credits
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
What you'll learn
- Different marine pollution types and sources including chronic and accidental pollution
- Current regulatory and industry best practice trends
- Challenges and frameworks governing environmental threats from a variety of sources coming from ship operations – ballast water, fouling, chemical pollution, sewage and garbage, ship recycling etc.
- Key aspects of marine pollution caused by oil in the offshore oil and gas sector
- Technical lessons learned from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill
- Air pollution from shipping from the standpoint of low sulphur requirements adopted by the IMO
- IMO 2020 compliant fuels, emission monitoring, crew awareness and training, contractual impacts, industry best practice and guidelines
- Key concepts and overview of cap-and-trade schemes on the international and regional level
About Informa Connect
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team