Certificate in Shipping BusinessInforma Connect
Certificate in Shipping Business
All available course dates
Certificate in Shipping Business
Your detailed introduction to shipping: A practical a to z guide to the whole of the maritime industry.
Study the background to commercial, legal, technical and financial drivers in the shipping sector.
- Module 1 – Shipping Industry and the Global Economy, the Markets and International Organisations
- Module 2 – Development of Ships, Regulation, International Conventions, Ship Manning and Port Operations
- Module 3 – Ship Finance – Financing, Purchasing and Trading of Ships
- Module 4 – Registration and Classification, Ship Operations, Revenues and Costs
- Module 5 – Maritime and Commercial Law, the Carriage of Goods by Sea and Liability
- Module 6 – Marine and Cargo Insurance, P&I Clubs and the Insurance Market
Course delivery details
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project
Book before or on 28 January 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1619.10 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
Book after 28 January 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1799 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
Certification / Credits
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
What you'll learn
- Introduction to the core elements of the marine industry, including world trade development, demand for shipping services, economics of sea transport, international trade, trade balance and trade routes and more
- Ship operations, characteristics and manning
- The significance of financial aspects in shipping business including general principles of financing ships, borrower structures, senior debt, capital markets, securitisation, leasing, hedging and more
- The fundamentals of legal system, law of contract, maritime law, acquisition and ownership of ships and international regulations
- Insurance, origins, legal background and Hull and Machinery insurance and more
About Informa Connect
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team