Certificate in Naval Architecture
Clear, concise and comprehensive introduction to naval architecture.
This tutored professional development programme teaches the essential characteristics of a ship’s design and how they affect its behaviour in the marine environment.
- What naval architecture involves
- Prepare the ship’s loading and sailing condition, using the ship’s Hydrostatic Curves
- The sea on which the ship operates
- Name the components of resistance experienced by a ship and explain how full scale resistance maybe calculated from model experiments
- The calculations carried out to ensure an adequate ship strength both vertically and horizontally
- Broad understanding of the IMO’s
- The three main stages in the design of a ship and factors considered at each stage
Course delivery details
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project
Book before or on 28 January 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1619.10 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1619.10 | $2186.10
Book after 28 January 2022
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1799 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
Certification / Credits
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
What you'll learn
- Module 1 – Introduction to Naval Architecture
- Module 2 – Hydrostatics
- Module 3 – The Marine Environment
- Module 4 – Operating in the Marine Environment
- Module 5 – Durability in the Marine Environment
- Module 6 – Regulatory Frameworks and Ship Maintenance
- Module 7 – Fundamentals of Ship Design
About Informa Connect
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team