Certificate in Maritime Environmental Management
Understand environmental issues and related management in the maritime sector.
Study the principles underpinning maritime environmental management and associated issues of management strategy, compliance and enforcement.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- The nature of the marine environment with regard to ecology and biodiversity
- The environmental impacts associated with ports and port-related activities
- The different risk control options with respect to maritime environmental management, including Marine Protected Areas
- The key organizations involved in the global governance of MEM
- The role and effectiveness of environmental management systems as a mechanism for site specific environmental control
- Different approaches to measuring the effectiveness of maritime environmental management
Course delivery details
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1799 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
Certification / Credits
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
What you'll learn
- Module 1 – Introduction to Maritime Environmental Management
- Module 2 – Environmental Impacts Associated with Maritime Operations
- Module 3 – Risk and Precaution in Maritime Environmental Management
- Module 4 – Maritime Environmental Governance and Enforcement
- Module 5 – Planning Tools with Maritime Applications
- Module 6 – Measuring and Paying for Maritime Environmental Management
Contact this provider
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...