The Economist The New Global Order: How Politics, Business and Technology are Changing
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from The Economist
A shift within international politics is under way as the rivalry between the United States and China intensifies. Alongside this contest, the state of the climate, migration levels and ageing populations are all of concern to world leaders.
The New Global Order: How Politics, Business and Technology are Changing is an online short course from The Economist. It is designed to equip you with a unique blend of conceptual and practical understanding of global politics and its impact. This six-week course takes you on a journey through the main players in power, their political strategies, economic goals and relationships, crucial events, the role of technology and the sweep of global trends throughout. You’ll gain a better understanding of how your organisation may be affected and how you should respond to emerging shifts.
This course is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. The course has an estimated 50 hours of learning.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
This course is created to provide leaders in business and politics with knowledge of the main themes that influence globalisation, international trade, security and power dynamics. Additionally, it will equip those in charge of directing their organisation’s response to global events with the tools to plan effectively for change, and confidently discuss these themes with stakeholders both inside and outside their organisations.
Understand the implications of ongoing global change and how to adapt with confidence and agility as you work through the weekly modules of this online short course.
Welcome to your Online Campus
From cold war to US-China rivalry
The decline of US dominance
The Chinese century
The role of technology
Disruptors, inbetweeners and game-changers
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 6-8 hours per week
- Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
About the certificate
- Assess the relevance of shifting global power dynamics on your business and personal context, and earn an official certificate of completion from The Economist.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the course, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- The knowledge of how shifting global power dynamics could affect your organisation and region.
- An understanding of what the rise of Chinese power and the decline of US dominance may mean for your industry.
- Insight into how different countries, technology and global challenges will impact your organisation’s future competitive strategy.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...